2012年9月28日星期五

Dan Wootton's celebrity villain and hero of the week: Imogen Thomas and Lady Gaga


A week can be a very long time in showbiz. Just seven days ago, I reluctantly made Lady Gaga my villain because of her ill judged and unwise promotion of marijuana during a concert in Amsterdam (where else?).



But she has redeemed herself by making an empowering and inspiring response to her much talked about (and greatly exaggerated, it must be said) weight gain.

As someone who has struggled with my weight for many years, her comments are most definitely worth repeating.



In a message to her fans on her website, she wrote: ‘Bulimia and anorexia since I was 15. But today I join the BODY REVOLUTION. My weight/loss/gain since I was a child has tormented me. No amount of help has ever healed my pain about it. But you have.

'My boyfriend [Taylor Kinney] prefers me curvier, when I eat and am healthy and not so worried about my looks, I'm happy. Happier then I've ever been. I am not going to go on a psycho-spree because of scrutiny. This is who I am. And I am proud at any size.'

Amen to that.

VILLAIN: IMOGEN THOMAS

On the other hand, Imogen Thomas has wrong attitude about her body.

The former Big Brother contestant, who is five-months pregnant, stripped off for Now this week and revealed how she hates her expanded shape.

‘I'm putting on weight on my sides and I've got bingo wings. It's depressing. And my hips have got a lot wider. I tried my jeans on the other day and I couldn't even get them half way up my leg,' she moans.

While I obviously commend her honesty, it's sad that for nine-months she can't accept her body will naturally change. And after all, it will all be worth it in the end.

没有评论:

发表评论