2012年9月25日星期二

Lady Gaga weight gain due to overeating, just like the rest of us


As much as she would like us to believe that she's a glamorous alien, Lady Gaga's metabolism proves that the Mother Monster was born just like the rest of us.

In a new interview with radio host Elvis Duran, the "poker face" singer explained that, despite speculation about the reasons for her much fussed-over weight gain, her new chub is only due to long periods of time spent at home, where the temptation for delicious, home cooked Italian meals drove her over the edge.

"I love eating pasta and pizza," Gaga explained. "I'm a New York Italian girl. That's why I have been staying out of New York."

The 26-year-old went on to give an excuse that should sound familiar to any child of Mediterranean decent who's come home after some time away.

"My father opened a restaurant. It's so amazing . . . it's so freaking delicious, but I'm telling you I gain five pounds every time I go in there," she told Duran, "So my dad wants me to eat at the restaurant, and I'm, like, I've got to go where I can drink green juice."

It got so bad, in fact, that her tour daddy (a.k.a. Universal Music) had to order an entirely new wardrobe after the one meant for the svelte Gaga resulted in some disturbing imagery from the tour opener in Amsterdam.

"The tight, skimpy outfits weren't doing anything for Gaga's new fuller figure, so Universal ordered more flattering and better fitting costumes for the rest of the tour," a source revealed to RadarOnline.com."It just wasn't a good look and was getting unnecessary criticism, so they moved fast to nip it in the bud."

"Gaga has an incredible appetite for Italian food, which stems largely from her roots," the insider continued. "It's very easy on tour to get hooked on a diet of pizza and pasta because they are comfort foods -- and when you are away from home you always long for something that reminds you of where you came from.

"She loves to eat, but because of her tiny frame it shows if she doesn't work out as much as normal. Executives told her to quit gorging on her favourite foods."

没有评论:

发表评论