2012年10月8日星期一

Kendrick Lamar And Lady Gaga's Collaboration Delayed Indefinitely


Lady Gaga got fans excited for her new collaboration with Kendrick Lamar weeks ago, but now she's confirmed that the track "Partynauseous," is delayed indefinitely.

On Tuesday, the track list for good kid, m.A.A.d city, was revealed and Lady Gaga's name was nowhere to be seen. Now, she's breaking down what went down ahead of the album's release, citing some behind-the-scenes shakeups.



"I apologize to the fans that this situation with Partynausous is confusing. To it clear it up I must explain this," she wrote on Little Monsters.com. "When I collaborate with an artist i work solely with them, not with their camps or management. Its purely organic and creative. I love Kendrick dearly as a friend, but was not willing to compromise musically to the changes his team was making to my music.

"This is why I am not [on] his record. I have a very specific vision as a producer and songwriter, and I always have," she continued. "That song will be released at a different time, for a different project. I love you, and think you should check out his stuff because he is truly great. He's a good kid, its just sometimes a mad city."

The love goes both ways. Lamar has also addressed the decision to can the track, explaining that it didn't fit in with the finished vibe of this album, but notes it in no way reflects the way the rapper and the singer feel about each other.

"Me and Lady Gaga, we really good friends. She's not on the album. We got some records, but when I was breaking down the bulk of the album, the ones we picked, we set them aside for future reference," he told Power 105's the Breakfast Club. "I already had everything premeditated for this day, for October 22nd."

The song was first announced back in August. From what MTV News heard at a , listening party, the Hit-Boy-produced track, with is strong bass and dark vibe, finds Gaga singing about her sinful ways while Lamar raps about fame and how it affects the people around him.

The album, out October 22, may not include Gaga, but itdoes feature the likes of Dr. Dre, Drake and Mary J. Blige.

没有评论:

发表评论